These are some of tips for online secure buying
1. while entering password or debit card/credit card number any secure information always check address bar, you will see the http:// of the URL in the address bar turn to https:// i.e. with addition of an ‘s’, which signifies a secure protocol is being used. This also happens for email id and password entering also always watch this before typing your password.
2. Make sure there is a secure lock icon in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window. Many fake sites will put this icon inside the window to deceive you.
3. If there is no status bar then don’t do transaction
4. Phishing (pronounced ‘fishing’): Fraudulent emails that request or initiate a scam to get sensitive personal information. These emails contain email asking you sensitive information like bank account number for transferring unclaimed funds, debit card or credit number and CVN number,(three digit number back of your card)
5. CVN Numner is back of your debit or credit card, it is always better write it some where and memorize this three digit number and rub and remove these number from your card, this will protect you, in case card is last.
6. Spoof Site: Fraudulent sites – usually linked from a phishing email – that look like well-known websites.
Any comments and suggestion are always welcome